Biology Term Paper – Tips and Topics
A biology term paper is a mandatory exercise students have to undertake and submit before the end of the term. Biology is a basic subject in school. Students would do well to compile a good term paper based on sound methods that have succeeded in the past. The purpose of writing a term paper is to get excellent scores that add up to the final grade. Scope of getting 25% of the final grade scores is very good, when one considers that biology is a precise subject with definite answers. It is just a matter of working smart by saving time at routine exercises and utilizing it to increase qualitative output.
Practical Tips To Compile A Good Paper
- Prepare an outline for a term paper. This is not only a time saver but prepares students to work in a methodical and structured manner. Depending on the topic, a biology paper can take a considerable amount of time to complete, as students have to refer to several research sources. The outline would act as a ready reckoner indicating if students are behind schedule.
- Conduct primary research before deciding on the final topic. A good biology term paper has to provide valuable information to other students. An assessment panel would check to see if students have made an attempt at choosing a topic beyond their class room study material and spent enough time researching for content. Students can work on initial ideas, which can come from different sources like libraries, recent news, or online content websites dealing with breakthrough topics on biology.
- Time spent on research would prove useful at a later date, if students are in the habit of making a list of all reference sources. Typically, they can research on at least two to three broad topics for a project before deciding on the final sub topic. The list of references can be entered into the outline using specified formatting methods.
Biology Topics To Consider
- Research topics provide students scope of writing term papers on new topics. It can also be retained as reference for further studies on a topic.
- Cloning a human gene: Molecular biology is a hot topic that has led to the development of successful cloning techniques. Cloning involves cutting out a gene from its original position in the host DNA (nucleic acid that contains genetic instructions used in the development and functioning of all known living organisms) and litigating it into a suitable vector or DNA material that can replicate like bacteria.
- Cellular Biology or Cytology: it is an important field which has revolutionized output capacity from agriculture. Several important topics include vitamin content, oil extraction content and quality, retaining micronutrients and enhancing mineral content. Research study questions can be framed on any breakthrough methods developed.
- Long Term Effects Of Smoking: A topic that directly affects so many students can be tackled, if new research techniques have been identified that indicate ill effects and cure for the same. Risks involved in smoking can be discussed in detail.
A biology term paper truly provides students an opportunity to find and discuss interesting topics.