Finding and using a cause and effect essay example is often thought of as a difficult task. If you have learned how to write a cause and effect essay, you have already referred to the right essay example. It is, however, important to know the right methods before you start writing. This is possible when you have a sound foundation, very often supplemented by an example. Here’s a list of ways you can find and use good samples.
- Go over the list of topics you have been allotted. Check out which of those you are already familiar with. Make a list of points to include in the essay from the selected topic. Go over the internet and look for the exact topic or a keyword from the topic in a search engine. You would be presented with a list of websites offering you information on the topic. Scan through them till you find a few essays that elaborate on cause and effect essay topics.
- When you go through these essays, you would get additional information that could be used in your own essay. At this stage though, you are looking for examples that impress you and could be used as an example. You would have guidelines issued by your tutors and mentioned in the curriculum. Follow these guidelines and check if the sample essay fulfills them. If not, go back to the internet and your school or college library for more reference essays. It should not take you too long this time to arrive at the optimum essay example.
- Do not forgo your own writing style completely to adapt to a sample essay. For example, you found the essay you think was very impressive and full of the right content you could use. It is okay to look for inspiration, but do not try and copy the essay. You would not be developing your writing skills and your confidence level would be low. An easy method to adapt would be to write your own cause and effect essay outline. List out the points you had jotted down earlier and then add content from the example you found. You would learn how to elaborate on the points easily, and the sentence structure would be formed as per your writing style.
- The purpose of each cause and effect essay paragraph is to elaborate on the arguments or points you have compiled in your outline. Refer to each paragraph of the example and note how the paragraph highlights the argument in context to the thesis statement. Each paragraph should follow the same pattern. Once you get familiar with how this is done, you would write fluidly and fast.
- A descriptive essay should be written in a way readers understand. You have to be careful that arguments do not lead to irrelevant sub topics. This would confuse readers, and they might lose interest in your essay. Your example could act as a point of reference to ensure that each argument you place follows a standard pattern.
Follow these simple methods, and the right cause and effect essay example could be easily found and used.