A descriptive essay creates a picture of events that relate to an incident. It has to this explicit if you want to create interest among readers. You cannot be explaining without creating a sufficient amount of build-up. Would this mean you would have to include pictures and photos to prove a point? It would help. But it would be better if you could write in way that is self explanatory. This is possible. Here are some tips to use that would help.
- Describe like you were present when the event took place. Write a story. Picture the event in your mind and present it as you would like someone else to present it to you. Writing is the art of blending language skills with content. Your description essay can be exactly that with practice. Learn to use the flow of language to relate and present an event.
- Write as if you were speaking to a friend about it. This would mean you write in a conversational tone of voice. It can be difficult at first when you write, as you would be trying to focus your thoughts on something that you might not be doing often. Practice and you would able to write at a phenomenal speed you could never imagine.
- A story builds up. At first you relate the circumstances under which the storyline picks up. You introduce the characters that are part of the story. Then you connect each character to a part of your story, one at a time. The story takes off from there, and it becomes easy to recite the story as readers have established the connection between the characters and the theme is clear. The same principle applies to writing. In this case, you build the story and structure it in your mind to be able to relate to readers effectively.
- Imagine you are one of the characters in the event. When you do this, you are actually commenting from experience. The event finds its way to your mind through the character you enact, and it becomes easier to write a descriptive essay. Set a target in terms of number of lines you would like to write. This would compel you to adjust your thought process and write easily.
- Custom written essays are always interesting as there are no limitations that restrict you from writing imaginative essays. Just follow the norms of writing good narrative essays, and you would have no difficulty in writing even your very first essay.
- When you have an opinion on a particular topic, think of an opinion essay. This would help you to write in a constructive and appealing manner. A drama essay also has this effect on people. You can decide to get close to them by way of good writing. Interest is always based on providing something that readers want to know more about. A drama provides entertainment. And who doesn’t like entertainment?
Practice, and then practice some more, and you would be able to write a great descriptive essay.