An English essay is a language essay which often expands on a piece of prose or poetry. The writer develops it using language skills from his or her own point of view. It could be a persuasive or argumentative essay depending on the topic and the source. You probably would have already written several papers during the course of your assignment submissions. The following few practical tips might be useful when you write more advanced essay.
- Professors generally expect students to read the whole book about which an essay has to be written. This is so very true of writing good essays. You have to know the whole story before attempting to judge a passage. For example, if you were to write an essay on The Ghost Writer by Philip Milton Roth, you would have to read the whole novel before attempting to write on a chapter you chose to write on. Why? Simply because you wont be able to get reference from anywhere else.
- In contrast to this, if you were to choose a topic from Memoirs of the Second World War by Sir Winston Churchill, you could and still not read the whole text. Many sections would relate to different incidents which might not have connection with other sections of the same book. This could save you time which you could utilize to research, as this would be an English essay topic which would definitely offer reference material through other sources.
- In many instances, students find difficulty in analyzing behavior. Characters who narrate are known to present their adventures or just about anything with their point of view. They are an interested party whose viewpoint becomes difficult for many students to contradict. How do you present an argument about literary classics? You don’t. Use comparisons, especially when dealing with behavior which might lead to pleasant or unpleasant situations.
- How do you make it interesting? The essence of a good education essay is that it demonstrates clearly an understanding of legitimate but differing opinions on a question. This essentially means that you would have to anticipate arguments that might occur on the same question, analyze it, and present your views in a fluid and convincing manner. The reader should eventually agree to what you have to say. The key here is to understand the question and jot down all the arguments which could crop up. If you do that, your essay would follow a logical path.
- A good essay would look beyond established ways of providing interesting reading. Your target should be to write a 500 word essay which would try and support your argument with research data from the same text or book. This is important. The language could be different. It could be a Spanish essay. What might sound a difficult exercise could develop into an excellent essay if you follow this simple logic.
- Learn to integrate information sources of literary critics specializing in characters you have chosen. Your style of writing will improve in leaps and bounds.
- Finally, think of a Hamlet essay. If you found grammatical mistakes, would you be interested in reading it. You must strive to establish your own style with no grammatical errors. Edit and check several times.
Use these essay tips and you would definitely come up with an excellent English essay.