This essay guide is essentially to show you practical ways of how to write an essay. It has been found that students mainly falter when they have to form the structure of an essay. Other problematic areas include following a set pattern for writing an essay. Here are some tips you can use to write a good essay.
- Begin with an introduction. Add the body to the essay and finish with a conclusion. In the introduction, you introduce your thesis statement. Simply put, you introduce what you are going to talk about. In the body of the essay, you expand on the topic you have chosen or just talk more about what you have introduced. The last step in important. Reiterate what you have been justifying or just finish saying what you started. It is the summary and should not include any new information which would make a reader think.
- Get ready for a brainstorming session. After you have identified the broad reason for writing the essay, you can jot down all the relevant and connected topics. Jot down as many as you can, as this could form sub topics in the essay itself.
- Phrase every point you make like a story. You introduce your topic. Build on your story by establishing arguments and justifications that support your theory. Use solid and well referenced support data in the body of the essay. Make sure you don’t introduce surprises at the end of the essay. The end should always make the reader agree to your point of view. This cannot happen if you add irrelevant or added information. Be precise.
- How do you keep information relevant? You can refer to a sample essay. You could start with general information about your topic and highlight its particular attributes as your essay develops further. Keep points that talk about a particular sub topic together. Do not scatter relevant information. You should not have to ask the reader to go back to a previous point in the essay for reference.
- You should use headings, sub headings, bullets, listing and other formatting aids for easy reading and referencing. When your essay tends to be long, the use of sub headings helps the reader identify a particular point.
- Use short sentences, simple language, and be very precise. If you have to use words that are not commonly used, explain what they mean the first time you introduce them. The reader will connect with it immediately.
- Talk to your readers. Avoid the passive tense if you can. This distances you from the reader. To generate interest, you have to give the reader reading pleasure. This comes with not having to analyze what is written. It should make reading easy. This can happen if you do not be repetitive. Research well and present the data in a fluid cohesive manner which generates interest.
Follow these simple but practical essay tips. Essay help tips could also be found in libraries and the internet. Ensure that you do not give in to plagiarism. Every time you decide to write an essay, adapt the basics. Think of the structure first. You can now use this as an essay guide to write a good essay any time and every time.