How to write an introduction has to be learned with practice. If you have be posts en writing for some time, you would have no difficulty in writing one. It takes some amount of reasoning and method which can be acquired in time. You could write an introduction using any method you are comfortable with. Here are some ways you go about it.
- Essay writing is all about expressing a writer’s views on a particular subject. It is assembling essay ideas and developing them using arguments and support statements. Illustrations can be used to simplify things. An essay doesn’t just have a topic, it has a thesis. Besides giving information about a particular topic, it supports a statement which argues for or against a particular reasoning.
- The main idea of having an introduction is to tell a reader of what is to follow in the body of the essay. An introduction has to be precise; at the same time, it should be able to convey the storyline to a reader. It forms the most important part of the essay in terms of ensuring to a reader that what follows would be worth reading.
- It is important to understand that while you have had sufficient time to prepare, edit, and structure your essay, a reader just glances through the title of your essay. It is it striking enough, the reader then briefly glances through the introduction. So you can imagine how important it is to really write a compelling heading and introduction.
- For example, let us take the topic of offside in soccer. A good essay would have an introduction that indicates the topic precisely in a way the reader knows what would follow. In our example, the first sentence could be, “The essay is about the offside rule in soccer.” This is a precise statement about the topic and indicates what would follow. What follows is the structure of the essay in the same paragraph. It would be essay questions or statements. In this case it could be, “Arguments for using technology for implementing offside are discussed first. Secondly, we would discuss arguments about why technology should not be used.”
- The storyline is taking shape. A reader now knows what exactly will follow in the body of the essay. Finally, the thesis statement is introduced which could be, “Technology should not be used in soccer.” This would directly point out to the stand you are taking on a particular subject. The reader now knows the flow of the essay, and interest is generated to see what arguments you place to support your thesis statement in the body of the essay.
If you follow these simple rules, you will be able to write an essay on any subject. There are essay guides which could help you at the start. It is just about how much effort and practice you put in to write your essay. As you go forward, you would have many opportunities to write on different subjects. Though each subject has its own strong view points and structure, it would be in your interest to follow a path you have practiced and structure all your essays on that known path. How to write an introduction would not be a mystery that you have to solve. Buy essay – a custom written essay written according to your instructions.