Simple MLA Term Paper Format Methods And Sources
The MLA term paper format is a common formatting standard used in schools and colleges for academic writing purposes. The MLA essay format is well established and style guides are easily available on several websites. Searching for content over the internet has become the easiest way to locate websites that offer information on various academic functions. However, some basic guidelines have been listed below to help students adapt to some basic formatting methods. They could also use the sources mentioned to gather a more professional approach.
- Typically, a 8.5×11 inch paper is used as standard format.
- The first page contains the student’s name in the upper left-hand corner along with details of the study program, the date, and instructor’s name.
- A margin of 1 inch is set on each side of the page with indentation set by using the keyboard TAB button.
- The Arial or Times New Roman font can be used with a 12 point font size and double-space text.
- Pages should be numbered and headers used if directed by the guide or instructor. Similarly, a title would not be used unless specified by the instructor.
- A term paper is likely to exceed the five paragraph essay format. To highlight text in such extended academic papers, students are allowed to underline specific content or use italics.
- Endnotes have to be included on a separate sheet other than the content-based term paper.
Other MLA Term Paper Format Guidelines
Students attempting a difficult term paper have to simply follow the guidelines specified by the guide. It is understood that grades would be allocated by them, in which case, formatting tips offered should be followed first. However, students who do not have the opportunity to consult a guide regularly can follow a professional writer to compile their initial term paper. The MLA format is widely used not only by students but by professionals and researchers who compile hundreds of pages as a matter of routine. Following methods used by professionals would also prepare students for more complicated projects using the MLA term paper format.
Plagiarism is a serious offence which occurs when the work of an original author is blatantly copied and used in term papers, other academic and commercial papers or websites. The MLA style of writing uses in-text citations, which permits writers to document pages from which information has been taken. The works cited page (or bibliography) in turn documents publishing information of the sources from which content has been taken. By following this essay writing format, writers can avoid plagiarism.
Some Useful Reference Sources
There are several handbooks available that teach students the formatting guidelines in great detail like the MLA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing (2nd edition) and the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers (6th edition). Follow examples used in these handbooks for better understanding. The reference books would be available in the school or college library. Several websites also offer guides that could be downloaded. A practical method would be to approach professional writers from ParamountEssays.Com to compile an essay or term paper using the MLA term paper format.