A narrative essay revolves around explaining a topic like you were telling a story. Past incidents, memorable events, reciting details of a family function, or any such topic which needs to be elaborated upon could be taken up for the essay.
- This sort of essay writing requires imagination and flair. You need to be able to identify an event you wish to narrate, form a point of view, and build around that to describe the event in a way that is interesting and informative to the reader. It could be a reflective essay that reminds you of a past event, and you bring it to life when putting it across to a reader. Very often, your experiences as you enter a new area of interest stay fresh in the mind. Those are exciting times where your mind is expecting something unexpected to happen every time you venture into unknown terrain.
- In a drama essay, you bring to life stories sometimes written decades ago. All this is due to the power of language like in an English essay combined with super skills of delivering dialogue and recreating scenes with the help of narration. In a one-to-one situation, you recite a story to an acquaintance but here you are trying to convince a whole audience. Every sub event becomes a story by itself.
- You have to be relaxed when you think of choosing topics for your narrative essay. You have to be at your best when you tell a story. Similarly, when starting to write, recite the story to yourself. Think of what additions to make it more interesting. Jot down points that could be related to the incident. Think of the location and its surroundings, people possibly involved in the event, actions performed, and visuals that were interesting. You will be surprised how many you could relate to when you start jotting down points.
- As soon as your thesis statement becomes a story, it could be formed into an interesting essay. You could use events that are historical like in a history essay or you could develop it based on a recent event which your friend or anyone you know recited to you. Topics can be gathered from across different experiences of self and others. When you are able to make your point from the introduction to the conclusion, you have succeeded in your mission.
- Generally, a translation essay talks about converting communication from one language to the other. When you do this, narration becomes part of the exercise. A person with good skills can easily maneuver around audio gaps or limitations of language. You need to be consistent with your approach to describing the event. Everything else flows logically with the story line.
Remember to choose your essay topics with care. Make your narrative essay as interesting as a story and you would be able to write with flair and make your audience sit up and notice.