A narrative essay outline helps in several ways when you want to write a good essay about an event or if you just want to recite a story. It prepares for you a format that simplifies the way you would add content to your essay. There would be instances when you do not have the necessary inputs to complete an essay to your satisfaction. It then helps that you have a structure in place. There are some points you could include to ensure you have a good narrative essay outline.
- Work on including ideas at different stages in your narrative essay. Your thesis statement would be included in the introduction. What comes next is a series of related ideas that connect your thesis statement to them throughout the essay. To enable this, you would place ideas into different sections. While preparing your essay structure, introduce them serially one after the other. Make sure they all connect with the thesis statement.
- Support your narrative essay outline with a story. When you write a story you begin by introducing the characters and the general story outline. In this case you introduce the thesis statement and the gist of the message you wish to convey to readers. You then move ahead introducing and linking events with characters to build on your story. Likewise, connect your ideas to the thesis statement in proper order. It is not necessary to pay too much attention to grammar or sentence structure at this stage. This will fall in place later when you have to finalize the essay.
- Always refer to a narrative essay example that you have referred to earlier. If you have not done so, do it now, as this would give you another viewpoint of how a good essay structure would be applicable. Do not try to replicate the example completely. Establish your comfort level when writing a narrative. The flow of language becomes easier when you have system in place.
- A description essay tries to present a vivid picture of an event to readers. It tries to include minute details so that readers are not left confused at any stage. When a story is presented, readers are interested. They seem to connect more easily to events in the form of a story. Even if your narrative cannot shift too much from the actual event, the narrative can be made interesting with the help of the proper usage of language skills.
- Don’t you think it would be really easy if you were given a plot to work on before you wrote your descriptive essay? A plot brings in drama, generates interest, and helps you use your imagination. Your essay structure takes shape more easily, and you would have established a wavelength with readers over the plot. Refer to an essay guide and learn how to use a good plot around your topic.
- Edit your narrative essay outline again and again till you have ensured it is to your liking. Once you prepare an outline, precious time would not be lost because you have no structure in place. You can add content, edit it later, rewrite sections, and add research content at various stages into your essay.