Process essays are papers describing processes leading to a definite result. It tells readers what, why, and how to complete certain assignments or processes to achieve a goal. You could explain about several processes, but readers would be interested in achieving a precise goal. Statements you make have to convince readers that it is important to complete the process. Your explanation has to simplify the task and encourage them to attempt it. The process might affect them in certain ways, but you need to convince them of their ability to complete it.
- People understand processes better if they are explained in steps. This should be a very easy task for you if you prepare well. Conduct an essay analysis and make a concerted effort to jot down points that are related to the topic you choose. For each point, note down a process to be completed. In some cases, you might not be able to define a process just yet. It does not matter. Do not discard it, but highlight it so you could attend to it at a later stage if required.
- The topic you choose has to be familiar to you. Do not try and choose controversial essay topics. The process you would list out would not be totally convincing, and it would be difficult for you to prove it. Readers are attracted to a topic only if they feel they could get a solution to a problem they have. The process has to be simple and easy to understand. When you choose a controversial topic, readers are usually wary of completing a task.
- Test the master essay process when you have completed it. Try and complete it in as less time as possible. If you think you took too long the first time, do it again and reduce the time you take to complete it. This would enable you to highlight tips readers could use to simplify the task.
- There could be several hiccups on the way to completing a process. You need to highlight each problem. Readers should be aware of the skills required to complete it. Ease it up for them with a ready solution to any hurdle that they could encounter. Basically, the process should be practical and results 100% achievable.
- If possible, try and write a simple one-two-three route that does not exceed a 500 word essay. It should be simple and the steps complete. This could be ensured if you provide a definite time period needed to complete the process. Again, ensure that you have provided the optimum average time needed either through your own experience or through a test involving several candidates who completed the process.
- Understanding cause and effect essay topics would help in providing the right explanations in your essay. Every step you mention in the process should be able to give readers reasonable understanding of what would be the result if they were to attempt it.
These are practical tips which you need to adapt to save you time and effort when you have to write process essays.