As suggested, a short essay is a condensed compilation of statements that make up a topic in comparison to your thesis, which might run into several pages. What you write in your essay has to be conveyed to a large section of readers in the simplest form. The short essay would therefore test your writing and research skills to the maximum. You have to be able to write with confidence. To achieve results, you could adapt any method you feel is conducive to good writing. Here are some methods commonly used to structure such essays.
- Select good essay topics. The essay you write would be short. Within a page or two, you would have to convey your message to an audience who might have come to your essay while searching through search engines. You have a short time period and very little words at your disposal to get through to your readers. How well you do this would decide if readers would be interested in your essay or not. You have limited time at your disposal. So if you choose a good topic, readers would be inclined to read through your essay. It might be the solution they were looking for.
- The headline is your best chance to get through to readers. This of it as a medium you can use for your first connection with them. If your headline covers a topic and then explains how exactly someone would benefit by reading it, you have a winning essay in your hands. You would find a ready audience for such essays. So take the time to draft several good headlines and then decide on the most appropriate one.
- Quotes play an important role in conveying powerful messages. If you can locate quotes from famous personalities who have made comments on a particular topic, use it to your advantage. Nothing works better than a catchy statement that describes a point under discussion. Make sure you do not quote more than a sentence or two to avoid plagiarism. Also, give credit to the author of the quote by mentioning his or her name alongside the statement as per the writing style you would be using.
The short essay usually debates one question that is either given to you by your essay guide, or you may have a choice of essay topics. In either case, the question may lead to defining a topic you might want to write about. Usually, a few lectures in class would cover a topic related to the question. Make notes during the lectures related to your topic. Try and make it your own opinion essay. It gets easier to write this way.
- Spend enough time on your essays. Decide on the length of the essay and try and keep it short, for example, a 500 word essay. Once you have done this, structuring the essay becomes easy with a bit of practice. A simple way to structure your essay would be to highlight your essay topic with arguments scattered throughout the essay. Just make sure, the arguments get linked to the thesis statement. This would bring in the continuity needed to keep readers engrossed in your essay.
- Time is of essence when writing short essays. You would probably have a week or less to complete the assignment. Do not leave it till the last minute to complete the essay. You are not writing free essays but are looking to score high marks with your essay. To make his happen, write custom essays that demonstrate your individual flair for writing. Assessors love imaginative writing. So offer short essays that matter.