Research Paper Layout depends on the Selected Writing Style
To decide the research paper layout students have to either select the writing style or follow the instructions from their supervisor on the prescribed research paper layout. If no style is specified by the academic department, students can select MLA writing style for writing academic work in Liberal arts and Humanities because it is the most widely used in these disciplines. Modern Language Association (MLA) has laid down rules for writing research papers in the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers. Research paper layout adopted for these subjects should comply with these rules. If you are writing business research papers, then the Harvard system is used while science papers make use of APA writing style. In this post, we will elaborate on the MLA style layout requirements.
MLA Guidelines on Research Paper Layout
A research paper written in MLA style does not need a title page. The details that are normally included in a title page are written on the first page of the research paper. Here are some points on research paper layout to be noted when writing the research paper. For more research paper help, students can enlist help of a professional writing firm such as Paramount essays.com
• Research paper shall be a computer printout on 8.5×11 in. white paper.
• Typing has to be doubled spaced and of a legible font of 12pt. size.
• Keep one inch margins on all four sides.
• On left hand top corner, flush with the top left margin, write the name of the author of the paper, course module name, instructor’s name, the date.
• Write the title with first letter of each word in Capital with the exception of articles and center it after a double space from above details.
• Leave only one space after the punctuation marks.
• Indent the first line of paragraphs half an inch from the margin.
• Page numbering shall be done starting from the first page using a running header with the writer’s last name. The number should appear half an inch below the top edge of the paper and right flushed.
• Italics shall be used for titles of longer works.
Page Layout for Works cited Page
MLA style allows for in-text citation or the parenthetical documentation to cite the references immediately after the idea or the quotation used. Students shall refer to the MLA Hand Book for details of how the references are cited.
Work cited page is another important part of a research paper and contain the list of references. Page numbering of these reference pages also have to be continued from the previous sequence in the same way using the running header. The title “Works Cited” has to appear at the beginning of the page, one inch below the top edge of the paper. Double spacing is to be used throughout. Authors’ names should be ordered according to the Alphabetical order. Titles of articles shall be within quotation marks and the titles of books have to be in italics or underlined. Students can get research paper help or may refer to the hand book if they are in doubt about the research paper layout.
Research Paper Help to Improve the Standard of the Paper
If students can write the research paper outline according to the layout given in the selected writing style they can easily finish writing the paper using the outline as a guideline. Students need not worry thinking ‘Who’ll write my essay because essay help and research paper help is available from good essay writing services like paramountessays.com. The help is available as custom essay or as sample essays online which can be referred to as guidelines.