Writing An Effective Statement Of Purpose Essay
A statement of purpose essay would offer students the chance to issue statements outlining their goals and aspirations. They would write about the study program they have targeted and how it would help them achieve their goals. Every student has a role to play by joining the college of their choice. They can prepare a schedule for what they wish to achieve in the next few years going through the study program. It is imperative that they sit down and think about themselves. What made them choose the particular field of study? Are they capable of completing the agenda prepared? These questions need to be answered by analyzing themselves. Students who are capable of planning out their every move would find it simple to draft an effective statement of purpose. There are areas they could focus on to ensure its effectiveness.
- Students must remember that a statement of purpose essay would be written the same way other competitive essays are written. It has to be written in an engaging style that connects with readers. A short story is worth reading if it is interesting. The same applies to a short essay about oneself. An easy method to check out the effectiveness is to read back the essay and verify it has been written in simple language using short sentences.
- Begin by writing about the successes met when completed assignments related to the current study program. For example, students would be preparing for the admission process to a reputed college over a period of time. Preparations would include initial attempts at completing related university essays or projects. The steps taken to complete the assignments successfully would make interesting content. An “A” grade in a project would project readiness on the part of a student to face more difficult challenges.
- Assessors are using the essay to know more about a student. They are looking to find the right candidates that would fit into their study program. They want to know the student better as a real person through their essay. Reflection on an incident that motivated them to excel in a particular field would tell assessors the student actually used a right platform. They would be looking to gauge the personality behind the person.
- Follow the basic rule of introducing the statement of purpose in the introduction. It would be the most important statement in the essay and should be drafted with purpose. For instance, a statement of purpose written for a MBA admission essay would reflect the nature of the student, goals set and how they are to be achieved. It would be a personal statement and not an elaboration of repetitive facts mentioned in the application.
- The body of the essay would highlight the statement by presenting points that would offer direction on how the goals are to be achieved. Short bulleted sentences in the order of importance can be listed out. They should be focused and to the point. Each point should connect with the essay statement.
- The conclusion would just reiterate what was said earlier. Students who gain admission to the college of their choice would be able to appreciate the effectiveness of their statement of purpose essay.